Does your hair colour suit your skin tone?Posted on Friday, April 14th, 2017
As we approach summer time we will all be sipping sangria in the sun and embracing our summer tans, but what do we do about our hair?
Change it or stay the same? For most of us a change is due!
So what is your skin tone? Most people are unsure and if asked will say something like, ‘pale’ or ‘pasty’. So let’s determine your skin tone and offer some hair colour suggestions for it…
Deep / Dark
- Usually people with deep skin tones have dark eyes.
- The veins on your wrist will have a purple tint.
- You can pull off silver and gold jewellery.
So the whole idea here is to create contrast between your hair and your complexion, whether that means going up or down a shade, you don’t want your face to disappear.
- If your skin tone is warm opt for warm tones like mahoganies and toffees.
- If it’s a deeper dark tone stay on the cool side like espresso and black with a blue tone.
- Maintain your hair colour with Redken Colour Extend shampoo & conditioner.
Warm / Olive
- Warm skin tones are usually accompanied by green, hazel or warm brown eyes.
- The veins on your wrist have a greenish tint.
- Gold jewellery looks better on you.
This skin type loves earthy colours like deep rich browns but by adding highlights in a subtle gold or honey will create depth.
- If your skin tone lacks depth add warmth with chestnut brown, auburn and cinnamon shades.
- If your tone is warmer then cool it down with violet based colours.
- Maintain your hair colour with Oribe Beautiful Colour shampoo and conditioner.
Cool / Fair
- People with cool tones usually have blue, grey, greenish-blue & deep brown that can look black eyes.
- The veins on your wrist have a blue tint.
- Silver jewellery looks better on you.
The lighter your skin tone the lighter your hair can go, but make sure that the tone is right for you.
- If your skin tone is warmer have fun with butterscotch, strawberry blonde and honey.
- If you have cool skin tones then blue based colours like platinum and champagne blondes are for you.
- Maintain your hair colour with Oribe Bright Blonde or Silveratti shampoo and conditioners.